Mindfulness in Dialogue
Take a pause at lunch. Discover connection and presence through dialogue and community with this 8-week online course.
One of the most important factors for success in work and life is the capacity to be mindful. Consider the alternative – what opportunities and information do we miss if we are not present and aware? People who can maintain conscious awareness in the present moment without judgment or attachment can access a more complex personal operating system that creates better results with less effort.
But it’s not easy to develop mindfulness within busy distracted lives. Guided meditation apps and services can help, but there’s a huge gap between short daily practices with an app and remaining mindful during everyday life. How is it possible to make faster progress efficiently?
For those who already have a mindfulness or meditation practice, this is an opportunity to take the practice beyond the meditation cushion into the real world of dialogue and relationship.
With this course we are excited to introduce mindfulness as the capacity to remain aware of the mind and body even as we interact with others. Participants will enjoy learning and practicing within a safe, respectful, and confidential environment while joining a growing community of mutually supportive practitioners.
Benefits of the Course
- Reduce stress and tension
- Experience stability of mind through dialogue
- Develop presence
- Explore the potentials of empathy and intuition
- Be more self-aware, observing internal thoughts and feelings with acceptance and clarity
- Transform emotional reactivity into effective response
- Increase the capacity to relate to and influence others
Who is the Course for?
Anyone who wants to:
- Take a meaningful break at lunchtime to refresh and recharge
- Take mindfulness into the real world of dialogue and relationships
- Experience the support of community as we face the ups and downs of life
- Develop presence and the capacity to be with what is
…and who already has some familiarity with mindfulness practice, meditation or engaged listening.
Angela Spaxman is an executive coach specializing in leadership development for the international business community in Hong Kong. Throughout her 20-year career as a coach and entrepreneur, she has been a progressive influence, raising awareness to the value of coaching, leadership development, and mindfulness. She is inspired to share the benefits of the overlapping fields of transformational coaching, embodiment, and Insight Dialogue in support of developing minds and hearts that are ready to meet the challenges of our times.
Gen is a Mindfulness Teacher and Coach. Formerly a medical doctor and HR leader, her career has been guided by the exploration of what it means to live and lead well. She combines a science backed and experiential approach, with the practical and accessible real world applications of Mindfulness in the areas of personal growth, well being, leadership development and effective action in the world. Read more about Gen here.
- Creating Relational Space
- Pause and Relax
- Open and Allow
- Attending to and Trusting the Flow of Change
- Listen with the Whole Body and Speak the Truth Authentically
- Holding Space for Discovery and Intuition
- Empathy and Compassionate Listening
- Practicing in Daily Life
What will be included:
- 8 hours of guided mindfulness practice including structured small group dialogues
- Handouts for each session, explaining the content, guidance for practice and implementation tips.
- Optional extra time for Q&A with the teachers after each session
- Optional silent practice time for 15 minutes before each session
- Bonus – you will be offered a chance sign up for a 1-1 with Gen at the end of the course to support your further practice. More details to follow. Spaces will be limited to 10.
Tuesday lunchtimes 1:00pm to 2:00pm (Hong Kong time)
March 22nd to May 17th, 2022 (except April 5th, a public holiday)
You are welcome to join us in the Zoom room from 12.45pm for a silent meditation practice before the session starts promptly at 1pm.
I believe that the ability to dialogue is increasingly fundamental and more valued in the business world; therefore, I consider this course to be very useful for the development of a professional career. I think (I hope) I have improved in my interactions with other people, both in 1:1 conversations and in groups / meetings.
– Business Manager
If you like to calm your mind, relax your body, if you like to focus within a short time in your week, if you like to raise your level of self-awareness, your energy and widen your consciousness around what is happening for you internally when in connection with yourself but also with others, then this course is for you!
– Professional Life Coach
The practice of noticing ‘how my feelings feel’ has been transformative. I have learnt to listen, to hear, and to connect more deeply to others through staying committed to present moment awareness.
– Foundation Manager/Facilitator
This work changes us and can affect people around us.
It was very peaceful, insightful and mindful.
– Corporate Learning and Development Consultant
What to Expect
Each session will include an opening guided meditation, relationship and trust-building practices, small group dialogue practices and sharing of insights and commitments.
All sessions will be held in a private Zoom room. You are requested to share your video with others as much as possible. You will be practicing listening and sharing throughout the sessions, so please make sure you join from a private space where you will not be interrupted. For the best online experience, we recommend using a laptop or tablet rather than a smartphone.
Q & A Session
Are you wondering if this course will work for you? Bring all your questions to this open Zoom meeting with the facilitators to get a clearer sense of what we will be doing in this course so you can decide whether or not you choose to join.
When: Tuesday March 15th, 2022, 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Where: Online using Zoom video conferencing