The Empathy & Solidarity Circle is a regular online drop-in conversation where we practice empathizing with others’ points of view and expressing our true views and feelings in a safe, open and confidential environment.
1) To co-create a safe, accepting and confidential space
2) To strengthen our emotional capacity for empathy and authenticity
3) To practice regularly
Develop your ability to empathize.
- Empathy is one of the leading skills that organizational leaders want to develop. It is an essential practice for forming and motivating intelligent, collaborative and diverse teams. Empathy allows for non-judgmental awareness which underpins clear seeing and wise decision-making.
Grow your capacity to be vulnerable.
- Self-disclosure and vulnerability are the path to genuine self-confidence and required practices for creating deep collaboration.
Experience a feeling of solidarity, even with strangers.
- By sharing our true experiences and allowing space for others to be themselves, we create a sense of safety, solidarity, confidence and hope.
if you have a sincere intention to develop more powerful listening and empathy while being open and vulnerable to others, you are welcome to join us. Mostly we are coaches, consultants, managers, artists, healers and meditators based in Hong Kong and we are open to all who share our intentions.
First we slow down and get present together with a guided self-awareness meditation. Then we follow a simple structure for conversations in groups of 2 or 3, sharing how we feel and what is important to us, focusing in the present moment. We close with a full group sharing, always ending promptly.
The design of these sessions is influenced by Transformational Coaching, Insight Dialogue, Collective Presencing, Circling and the psychological and spiritual knowledge that these practices stand on.
Currently we have two sessions planned:
- Friday November 12th, 10am to 11:30am Hong Kong time
Integrating the Learning on Empathy & Intuition
We’ll reflect on our experiences of empathy and intuition, in particular learning from those who have just completed the Empathy & Intuition Masterclass. Newcomers and old hands are welcome.
- Friday November 19th, 10am to 11:30am Hong Kong time
Sharing Our Intentions for Ongoing Group PracticeWe’ll reflect on what is most valuable to you about our group practices with the intention to find the best ways to continue to practice together. Newcomers and old hands are welcome.
Past participants in the Circle have confirmed this:
- “The most valuable was realness of the conversations and connection.”
- “It made me see our commonalities and made me feel less alone with my feelings.”
- “Truly coming free of expectations and notes to be taken… simply and fully showing up to be present …”
- “Having the space to feel into what is happening within myself and being witnessed by others.”
- “It’s hard to explain. It was like magic.”
Please complete this 3-step process to join our meetings.
1) Subscribe to the mailing list below. We use this list to keep you informed about Circle events or similar initiatives. We will not use your email for any other purpose and you may unsubscribe at any time.
2) Confirm your subscription and then you will receive a welcome email with more details of how we work. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email confirmation or the welcome email.
3) Register through Zoom by clicking the link in the welcome email to receive your personal link to the upcoming meetings.
We look forward to welcoming you! Join once or every week, as you choose!